Witnessing to Some Clown

If anyone every tells you that being a born again follower of Jesus Christ is boring; they have not a clue I tell you! In my few years of serving Christ; I have the most amazing and interesting experiences and one happened just the other day that I wanted to share with you.

I was working on my laptop one afternoon (out in a public place) and up walks this man who begins to talk to me like I was 10 years old. At first it took me for a loss but I quickly saw what he was up to. He starts to ask me: so what do you want to be when you grow up? And he asked me if I was a happy little boy today? This man was very different looking and he was even wearing tons of make up and a huge ugly wig as well. He was very out going, he had a big smile on his face and talked quite goofy; as he was trying to make me laugh.

Now this all sounds very strange until I tell you that this man was a real clown to say the least.

That's right. He was a clown with big shoes, red hair, a goofy outfit and a big red nose who was hired to go around and greet people ( mostly children but he stopped by me too ) as it was "national people week" he told me. I let him go on with his little skit and such till he was done then the conversation changed. I learned something wonderful once again from this experience that I can apply to my faith walk and share with others.

God's Holy Word tells His true followers that we are to always be ready to give a answer for the hope that lies within us. ( see 1 Peter 3;15 ) It also tells us to preach the word in season and out of season with doctrine and longsuffering. ( see 2 Timothy 4;2 )
The Word also say this:
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2;15

This is all very wise and good counsel if you desire to be used of God in your daily life. What I didn't tell you was as I saw this clown working the area; I made sure I was ready with a gospel tract just in case he came my way and he did! The conversation went like this after he was done with his clown act:

I asked him if I could share the gospel with him?
He said he knew it already and started to walk off.
I asked him to explain it to me then?
He said; you ok ok... tell me what it is?
So I walked him through it quickly.
(you read or listen to the gospel here: http://nopews.blogspot.com/p/how-to-be-redeemed.html )
He said; say what do you think about those who say Jesus isn't even God?
I said they are liars and we must reject them and cling to God's Word alone.
He said he wasn't sure about Jesus at all?
I asked him if he was born again and he said, oh yes he was.
So I reminded him that he didn't even know if Jesus was God or not and that seemed to confuse him!
His lady friend who was with him made a comment how.... she knows a pastor herself.
The clown then made a comment; all that really matters is you go to church on Sunday
I warned him about man made false religion and gave him some facts that show they teach error.
He didn't like that and he defended denominational places as "just trying to do good".
I then asked him where in God's Holy Word ( all the while saying to myself... I am really witnessing to a real clown here! ) does it say as long as your trying to do good your in line with God's Word and Truth?
That was the end of our conversation.
He wanted to walk away so he said good bye.
As he was walking away I gave them both a gospel tract and said email or call me and we can chat.
He said he would contact me ... but I haven't heard back from him as of yet.
He may have come clowning around but I was serious about the gospel that day and thankful I could share it with him.

The point of all of this is simple:
be ready, be studied up in the bible, dwell in God's Word, know how to preach the simple gospel, be bold/loving, ask God to give you wisdom and the words to say when you need them, then look for opportunities to share. None of this was of me at all. It is the work of God and His Spirit in me so He get's the glory. A few years ago I would have avoided this clown but because I am a new creation in Christ (2 Cor 5:17) he got the truth and a life saving gospel he needed.

If you claim new life in Christ I want to encourage you and so I would ask you this today:

*Are you ready today to share the gospel with others?
*Do you have a biblical gospel tract you can give to others and is it with you always?
*Can you raise the boldness it takes to step out and steer a conversation to what glorifies the Lord?
*Have you learned good biblical evangelism is not just saying; you should come to our chicken dinner at our church or go talk to the pastor?
Did you know Jesus calls all His faithful to make disciples and proclaim His good news gospel?

Jesus said in Matt 28
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

I hope that the above witnessing story gave you some points to think about regarding being ready to give a answer for the hope in you. ( 1 Peter 3;15 )  If your not wanting to or are not ready to give that answer; perhaps you do not have the hope you claim clearly rooted in you well enough today?  The Apostle Paul says we are to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith.( see 2 Cor 13:5 )

Only by being born from above, ( not practicing religion weekly ) following the Word of God daily, denying your flesh, hiding the Word in your heart and desiring it above all else will you be able to stand up in the world to proclaim Him to the lost. God has been so faithful to those who seek Him. He is worthy to be praised and glorified through His people always being ready to use His Word to build His kingdom to come.

Are you ready today?

We have gospel tracts to share we can send you for free just contact us and let us know how we can assist you in anyway at all?

For His glory....

www.dontperish.com