Be Bold or Be Beaten



I have noticed in my Christian walk over the years a simple but very true bit of wisdom. 

Be BOLD.... or be beaten.

In short, it simply means that unless you are BOLD in the Word of God ( believing it, learning it, living it, proclaiming it and standing on it always ) you will be defeated ( beaten down ) in your walk by your flesh, false faith and this world. You cannot obey God and live out His Word in holiness unless you're ready to be BOLD in His truth. By bold I do not mean you must be on a street corner preaching it out loud to others. No, not at all. We do not all have the same calling or gifts. The BOLD I speak of is just knowing and standing on His Word as fruit you are born of Him, each day as you live your life before God. 

Some examples:

*If you're called to go and witness in this dark world the gospel on a street or at a false religious place, that is BOLD.

*If you're a house wife and a neighbor lady makes the statement she is for abortion ( killing the unborn ) and you simply state in love what God's Word says murder is sinful, that is being BOLD in Christ and His truth.

*How about if you see sin / doctrinal error in a close brother but you decide you won't raise the topic as it is minor, he might get mad so you over look it. You are not being bold but weak and it will end up affecting you and him in the long run. 

*Or how about if you are convicted by God's Word how you should dress or change your worldly habits but you decide to stay in them / sin as others may ask why are you doing that and you fear losing your family and friends. You're not bold but weak and you will pay the price in your faith, maybe in eternity as well?

We just encourage you to embrace BOLD-ness as a daily way of Christian life as long as it lines up to the Holy Word.  Note: BOLD-ness should always be done in godly love, not harsh mean speech ( stern rebukes with names are reserved for rebuking false teachers as exampled by Paul and Jesus.)

The truth is I do see much lacking in the so called Christian world today when it comes to boldness or the major lack of it. It is an issue that leads right into sin no matter how small an issue it is. Both God's Word and my experience have taught me that when I am bold and unwavering in His truth, my walk is powerful and strong. It is when I compromise ( sin by laying down my BOLD-ness ) and allow a timid, weak, compromised approach to His Word and Ways that I get into trouble. The lack of BOLD ways leads to leaven ( sin ) and it is a cancer to your walk, no doubt. Sadly man made denominational religion discourages BOLD ways in His Word as they teach you to accept / bend to their many false man made traditions to fit in and that is sinful. 

My main point is either focus on BOLD walks and have victory in Christ or we will live beaten and defeated in error/sin.

As you study God's Word, it clearly teaches that BOLD ways (whatever that means to you, your gifts and calling ) is a fruit of having God's spirit / truth within you after new life.  Please ponder this in your own life today as I leave you with God's Word that speaks of BOLD ways. 

The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion. 
Proverbs 28

But, lo, he speaketh boldly, and they say nothing unto him. Do the rulers know indeed that this is the very Christ?
John 7

Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
Acts 4

And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word
Acts 4

And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him.
Acts 9

Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,
Romans 15

Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.
2 Corinthians 7

In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
Ephesians 3

And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel
Ephesians 6

And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
Philippians 1

But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention.
1 Thessalonians 2

For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
1 Timothy 3

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4

So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
Hebrews 13

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
1 John 4


Go to our biblical resources below to help you in the true BOLD faith and let us know how we can help you? 

God be praised

www.dontperish.com

******************************************