Drive By Emailer Answered!

Here is another email I was sent giving me advice on how to witness. I thought I would share it and my reply for a teaching moment.

See my words/reply to him with ***** in red below his
words....

*************************************************************

From: Jacob
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 5:42 PM
To: dontperish@outlook.com
Subject: Tips and hints
Hello dontperish,

As a Truth Seeker from central Missouri, I have a few tips and hints to share with you:

Do you street witness the gospel Jacob? If so where can I come and watch you do it so I could learn? What is your affiliation and lets discuss the gospel that leads to eternal life shall we? See it at our website and test yourself to it will you... and the 10 point test.
www.dontperish.com


1. Respect for others is vital if you expect to win hearts. Engaging in shouting matches is unproductive and will just turn people away. Posting phone calls and emails on your website without permission is also rude and disrespectful of others. You are hindering yourselves by doing this. Calm, rational, and polite discussions are the most effective way to witness to others.

***We need to understand the different situations...
Many of my witnessing audios are calm and just discussions. We love others... its why we do what we do!
Others are a rebuking of false teachers or those who claim Christ but are teaching sin.
The Word says to rebuke them publically 1 tim 5
We need to be balanced.... and obey all of the Word.
The last witnessing was calm with the ministers till the Mennonite men showed up ..got in my face and they elevated it up ....
but it came back to some good discussion too. Do you think Jesus was calm when he made a whip in John 2 or was Moses meek when he drove off the men in Exodus 2?


Also, put away the cameras while witnessing to others. It is a serious matter; recording it live on camera is not only unethical (unless you have their consent), but it cheapens whatever message you may have to share by reducing the whole interaction to a mere charade.

*****We dont use video... unless people get physical then it is wisdom for safety and documenting to use it. It is a dark world out there!
We do use audio as it is amazing how men LIE about what I say and the defame Gods truth over and over.
The audio keeps us all in check.... while audio was NOT avaialble by Paul... the Holy spirit does record in writing the rebuking of Peter in Gal 2 and many others for generations to read. If you have God's spirit you will comply to the Word of God as it is preaxched not hide in your sins.

Ask yourself - did Jesus ever engage in shouting matches with the Pharisees? Paul's custom was to reason with others, not interrupt and shout them down. I also cannot imagine Jesus or Paul filming the whole thing with a video camera.
*****We dont film it all ...but rarely.... as I said ....so your making comments that are not true.
As for shouting... I do lift up my voice to preach. I rarely shout AT anyone! You cant see it on audio but often I am talking to three men while 10-20 are listening in from a distance and I want them all to hear. The bible / Jesus says to lift up your voice you know? In 99% of the times I am not yelling at anyone but raising my voice up to reach them all. ( I do rebuke mockers of false teacher sternly at times yes I do )


2. Empathize and seek to understand the other's viewpoint. Respect someone else's views even if you think they are wrong. If you treat others with respect, they will usually treat you and your message with respect. It will open more doors for you in the long run than being in-your-face and overly aggressive. And open doors is what you want, isn't it?

******I do respect others but I love them some... only mockers and false teachers get rebuked as I said...
I dont seek to do human mind science at all . We are not called to do that. We are called to preach the gospel and call men to repent. God deals with their hearts not me. God opens the hearts door. You sound really fleshly and human centered. I love all men that is why we go and preach in and out of season. 2 Tim 4:2
Keep in mind... Jesus and Paul were master evangelists and they were HATED and KILLED...hmmmm???
You dont read false teacher Rick Warren do you as he teaches your brand of human centered preaching.
We preach ... we pour out the truth and we let God do with as He sees fits. We dont try to make people made nor do we seek to soften the Word. It is a sword that cuts you know.... read Hebrews 4:12


Consider Paul's methods in Athens given to us in Acts 17. As he moved through the city, his spirit was stirred within him, and yet he did not immediately condemn and denounce all the idolatry he saw around him, or get into heated and acerbic arguments. Instead, he engaged in rational and orderly discussion. He began by praising their zeal (however misguided it was) and showed empathy for their beliefs. He used that empathy as any opportunity to witness the Gospel to them, and some believed.
Don't you think things might have been different if Paul had gotten right up in their faces, yelling about how wrong they were and holding a camera up at them? I doubt a single one would have listened to what he had to say.

*******You need to use examples in context...
Acts 17 is Paul witnessing to pagan NOT believers. We do that all the time... we just proclaim the truth to them ....
It is the pharisee religious places that get a more stern preaching when they lie about and twist God's Word.
Read Matt 23 as a sample..... and Gal 5 as well ( Paul told false teachers to castrate themselves ..ouch! )

In summary, whatever your message is, respect and polite consideration for those to whom you are witnessing is vital if you want those people to take you and your message seriously.

******We just proclaim the Word .... it is neither mean spirited or luke warn fleshly... it does what it does and it affects who it affects. God is good that way!

I encourage you to engage them in a quiet, rational, and polite discussions, with no cameras or recording devices.

****I do this as well and the results are the same. ONLY those who desire Gods full truth come into the light....most like their sin / John 3:19-21

People will feel as if you really care for them, and they will be far more receptive to your ideas.

****It is godly love to preach the truth, warm them of sin and call them to repent... go read the Prophets ( I am not prophet )

If someone pointed a camera at your face and started yelling at you, would you be very inclined to take their message seriously?

*****1 ) I love to talk of Gods truth on camera... people do it often and I pray Gods uses it.
2) I dont yell AT anyone except a mocker or false teacher
3) I test any message to the Word NOT to feelings and human fleshly ways.

And wouldn't you question their sincerity when they go on to say how much they care for you and love you?

*****No it is godly love to go and tell the truth. Gal 4:16
Man made Sunday religion is full of your ideas and ways to reach people to the point they are in sin and keeping man made ways.
Mark 7:6-9 Jesus hated that !!!
Again where do you fellowship so we can test your theology ( are you biblical? ) and can we come watch you preach the gospel Jacob?
In love you have used the old ad homenim on me... ignore the message to focus on the messenger.
Now that we can covered me.....
When will you biblically cover the actual biblical content of the message I preach?
Feel free to call and discuss it.
We love you and God be praised

Jim
dontperish.com
608-547-8162


Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jake


P.S. Yes, you have my permission to post this email on your website if you wish.

ps I need to correct myself......
we occasionally do place a small sections of video on our FB or website. 
Not often .... but once in awhile. 

MOST of what we do is audio only .....

Just as the Word records much for us to understand... we do it as well it teach, warn and edify

God be praised

Jim
dontperish.com

pss another great point is we NEVER approach anyone... they all come up to us!! 


I also had another thought Jacob.
We often go out and hold gospel signs to the world. This is 99% non con frontational ....until a mocker shows up.
Your commenting on the times we stand at religious places of pharisees where it gets heated...as they hate Gods truth in its fullness. 
If you cant see that in paul and Jesus ministry that it was that way...in love your  blind.
Do you go and hold gospel signs for the lost Jacob? 
I await your detailed reply or ....are you just a drive by emailer who doesnt love us?
Jim

Dontperish.com