John 10 Does NOT Teach Eternal Security

Many people who teach promote the lie of unconditional salvation, eternal security and once saved always saved use John 10 as a proof verse to say it means you cannot ever lose your salvation. But does it really say that?

John 10
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

A simple reading of this verse it self reveals several key facts that show us the truth:

1) Jesus says His sheep Hear his voice and FOLLOW Him. 

*this refutes the idea of salvation has no conditions as Jesus tells us right there....without hearing His voice and following Him ... you are not His sheep. To hear His voice and follow Him means to obey Him. In John 14;15 Jesus says why do you say you love me but do not keep my commands and Hebrews 5:9 says He made the way of eternal life for those who obey Him. It is clear to have a saving faith and thus gain eternal life, you MUST obey Christ as fruit your His!

2) Next is the part where Jesus says no man can pluck them from His hand.

*it does not mean you cannot leave, turn back or fall away. How can we know this? Well, He is saying He ( God ) will lose NONE ( we can rest in God ) but we know from MANY scriptures in the Word that we are warned to NOT fall away and a simple reading of other parts of God's Word tells us we MUST remain in Christ or be lost. 

God's Word does not contradict itself!

John 15 as an example:
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Here we again see there is no unconditional promise of eternal life here. It is based on continuing on and bearing fruit in Him, lest you be cut off and cast in the flames! ( hell ) 

Verse 10 even says... If you keep my commands you abide in my love! How much clearer can you get?

Folks, please know John 10 does not teach unconditional salvation, eternal security or once saved always saved at all and only by twisting / ignoring God's Word can you ever get there. 

I would also point you to the prodigal son ( Luke 15 ) as it clearly shows if you go away, you must repent to came back to life.  The last verse of Luke 15 verse 32 says this:
It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Eternal security folks you need to answer this:
How could the son be dead and made alive again if he was NEVER lost when he went away? Also, why did the Father wait to throw a party if the son was going to heaven all along even in his rebellious state? 

The fact is; John 10 nor any other verses in the scripture teach unconditional salvation, eternal security or once saved theology. It is a doctrine of satan/man that can be avoided of we read and study the fullness of God's Word vs just pulling out a verse here and there. 

Jesus warns us to STRIVE to enter via the narrow path in Luke 13;24

Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 

Why strive if it is all a done deal? It makes no sense..... 

Another key point we must consider whenever God talks of His elect or sheep. God alone knows the future and who will be in heaven. We do not so we must all strive to endure in the end to be one of His true sheep. To say you know your one of His destined to be in heaven before you finish your race of faith is arrogant and dangerous! Even Apostle Paul ( who met Christ ) did not have that kind of arrogance nor should you or I lest we fall!   

Please know the bible is clear and it warns of falling away, falling into sin and ship wrecking your faith all over the NT Word. Here are other articles at this link below that I have done that refute the usual verses people use to teach this false theology, stay in their sin, be worldly and expect to see heaven still. 
They are deceived!


Do not be swept away by the doctrines of demons. Repent and OBEY the gospel daily in holiness or face God's wrath to come. See 2 Thess 1:8-9

Let me know how I can help you? 

See our bible resources below....

God be praised

www.dontperish.com

******************************************
Here is the biblical gospel:

Dontperish Facebook:


Here is a 10 point biblical test:
Spirit and Truth Teaching Blog
Go here for audio teachings
Go here for video's: