An Old Man, A Walker And His Prayer

As we travel to preach the gospel, at times we go to city parks for a walk / a break and we often find water there to fill up our containers. Today we stopped by one and I saw a older man driving by with a walker on his car. (It all reminded me of my dad who died 11 years ago.) 

As we were filling up water jugs, I saw him get out of his car and I felt led to go witness to him. I said Lord, if he walks this way, I will preach the gospel to him. Sure enough, he slowly walked right up and said hey there, I saw your gospel signs. 



His name was James, he is 89,  a wounded veteran and we had a nice talk for about 15 minutes. He fiddled in his huge wallet bursting with cards with his old crippled hands and showed me his past police badge. He then told me he was a angelican then he even showed my this lil prayer he likes to say:



I listened and then I shared the biblical path to eternal life with him and reminded him he MUST be born of God to see heaven. He told me all those years in man made religion and they did not teach him the scriptures. He got a gospel tract, he thanked me and we parted ways. What a joy it was!

That is why we go, to part ourselves out in the world daily and tell of Jesus. If we stay home all comfy on the homestead, I would never have met James nor would I have been able to preach the gospel to him on this day. 

Glory to God....

*******************************************

See our resources below that will help you in the biblical faith.

                    God be praised