Did God Want a Temple Built?

 


I had a conversation as I was street preaching with a false teacher named Nathan Bullen from a cult called Living Faith Christian Fellowship in Missouri.  He contended that God did NOT want a Temple built but it was only David's idea.

See Nathan / LFCF his church exposed at this link. You can hear our conversation and my refuting him line by line. See Part 7 of my refuting to hear him say God did not want the Temple:

https://bewareoffalse-unbiblicalteachers.blogspot.com/2020/10/nathan-bullen-brookfield-missouri.html


This false teaching from Nathan is easily refuted if we just go to scripture and trust in it.  1 Chron 22:8 tells does us the God did NOT want David to build the temple and He tells us why:

But the word of the LORD came to me, saying, Thou hast shed blood abundantly, and hast made great wars: thou shalt not build an house unto my name, because thou hast shed much blood upon the earth in my sight.

God then instructs David very clearly who WOULD built His house in 1 Chron 22:9-10

Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days. He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.

If that is not enough evidence to show you God wanted the temple, lets go to 1 Chron 28:16-18 where all the exact details for the Temple construction are given:

And by weight he gave gold for the tables of shewbread, for every table; and likewise silver for the tables of silver:

17Also pure gold for the fleshhooks, and the bowls, and the cups: and for the golden basons he gave gold by weight for every bason; and likewise silver by weight for every bason of silver:

18And for the altar of incense refined gold by weight; and gold for the pattern of the chariot of the cherubims, that spread out their wings, and covered the ark of the covenant of the LORD.

 And where did these details come from?

Lets see in 1 Chron 28:19

All this, said David, the LORD made me understand in writing by his hand upon me, even all the works of this pattern.

It was God Himself per David that gave those instructions to be carried out by Solomon, David's son. As you can see it is a clear false teaching to say God did not want a Temple built when God was involved in it all along and later His Spirit was dwelling there!

An important side note; today we are the Temple of God if you are born of God and His spirit is in you via faith / repentance.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1 Cor 3:16

Do not be deceived by such false teachers and test everything to the Word of God always. (including whatever I say)

God be praised


**************************************

see our resources below to help you....

Here is the biblical gospel:

Here is a 10 point biblical test:
Spirit and Truth Teaching Blog
Go here for audio teachings
Go here for video's: