Pondering and Reflection


Brother Jim is back online after a few days of self reflection and pondering some aspects of my life. I encourage you do the same every once in awhile. Take a step back and seek deeper understanding of things you have experienced or problems and it will grow you. 

What did I learn you might ask?

First, I learned that as a man does daily ministry and strives for souls in this corrupt world, there are pitfalls. It is easier then you think to let your love for people "slip past" your love for God, even if it is very slight. I had to catch myself in that and in Matthew 22, Jesus makes it clear the order we must keep:

Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

I knew this verse but in the struggle to win souls, you can drop one ball as you strive to catch many others. To be clear; I had to repent of losing my focus, NOT of not loving God. We serve a jealous God so test yourself as well will you? (Zech 8:2) 


Next, I learned that our flesh/satan our enemy is very good at either giving you bitterness or finding any in you to.... EXPLOIT! I have also found that as people hurt you unjustly, it can be a seed/root of bitterness. In my walk, I have found it easier to not have bitterness over someone who say punches me; then to over look a once close brother, lying about you. In either case, get the bitterness GONE how ever you can or it will work to destroy you and your walk. Another example: bitterness over some false doctrine that was spread by a so called brother you trusted. It wasn't much at all those bitter feelings but it does not take much trust me to work against you. Repent, root it out, forgive and you will be truly free! (John 8:32)    

 

Lastly, I had to walk thru some great spiritual darkness which I wont go into. In order to over come it; I had to remind myself that the Lord is my refuge. Not my will, my daily efforts, not ministry, not street preaching, not people with me or anything else. Note: I do praise the Lord for my godly wife and a brother that helped me greatly! 

Simple topics yes, but all life changing facts that I give you today.   

It feels good to be back after some pondering, even stronger and to strive on for the kingdom. 

March on saints till we all get home!

God be praised

********************************

Here is the biblical gospel:
Here is a 10 point biblical test:
Spirit and Truth Teaching Blog
Go here for audio teachings
https://www.dontperish.com/audios-page-2.html
https://www.dontperish.com/audios-page-3.html
Go here for video's: