Chainsaw Mill Log Holder


I enjoy making lumber with my chainsaw mill but the small logs and the last cuts on big logs; it can be really hard as far as holding the log in place to mill it low to the ground and all.  I decided to solve that by looking at what materials I had and then making a log stand. It cost me nothing as I had all the parts. 

Check it out.... 


I used some old trailer stands that I had on some 10 inch boards....



Then I used some pole sections from a old tarp garage I had in Wisconsin. I can angle the cuts wth the stand threads so I am always going down hill as gravity really helps in these cuts. 



I also used a aluminum rail from the old rv awning we had to connect them together. It comes apart with two bolts to store it, it is light weight (like 20 lbs)  and I can carry it right to the logs out in the woods....



Here is a log on it and remember and one screw from under neath holds it on place. Remember; I made this for logs light enough to set on it or for the last cuts off a bigger logs, first milled on the ground. I will have a video of this set up and me milling on it soon to add to this post. With 2 x 4 x 8 pine boards at like $7 each; I say chainsaw mill away on the homestead!!!!

Stay tuned....

You can go here and see a video of the milling process: 

God be praised

**************************************

Here is the biblical gospel: