Sun Awning for Van Dwelling Life






This page will point you to a biblical van dwelling life via the gospel to eternal life: https://www.dontperish.com/the-gospel.html  

Here is a link of our daily van dwelling posts: https://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogspot.com/2019/12/van-dwellers-preaching-christ-2020.html


Tip # 29 / Sun Awning 

In van life, you often are parked out in the sun with no shade to be found and it gets hot! I decided to make us a simple, but effective cheap sun awning, custom made for our rig. Van awnings can run $1000 or more but I made mine for a lot less.  

Here it is set up.....



I used PVC pipes and hose clamped them onto my roof rack. 
When set it up I use straps to the van for stability, then stretch the tarp with bungee cords and there is a adjustable center pole for support. I did it in a windy day and it takes good wind and can flex well. It will be great for sitting or cooking under outside on hot sunny days when shade cannot be found. 



When I disassemble it, the poles telescope into themselves for storage and this awning can be put on either side if the van based on where the sun is. 


I just slide them into themselves and use clevis pins to hold them in place. The tarp and bungee cords are stored in my generator box and the center pole is stowed on top next to our storage roof bin. 

*A nice perk to this is sister Debbie can even use it as a clothes dryer and hang our laundry on it too!

It takes maybe 5 minutes to set up or take down and total cost was about $35.00 dollars.

Hope this helps you out?
Maybe you have a better design?  I would love to see it sometime. Email me / Jim at: dontperish@outlook.com  


Go back to our van dwelling page of you want to go on and learn more about this awesome life:
https://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogspot.com/p/van-dwelling-tips.html

***********************************************************


See our resources below that will help you in the biblical faith.

God be praised