Homestead Tool Box Basics


Tool Box Basics



Here are some helpful links for you:

     This page will point you to the gospel to eternal life: https://www.dontperish.com/the-gospel.html  

https://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogspot.com/ ( hundreds of biblical articles to train you up )

This link gives tips on van dwelling life
http://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogspot.com/p/van-dwelling-tips.html
Here is a link of our daily van dwelling posts: https://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogspot.com/2019/12/van-dwellers-preaching-christ-2020.html 


A simple tool box can help you do much, read on! 



You are going to laugh at brother Jim but; here comes some honesty. I remember many years ago how a simple tool box inspired me to keep going. Let me explain and keep in mind, this was long before I was a follower of Jesus and He inspires me today

While I was raised in the country and I lived off grid at age 18 and loved it; some how I found myself around 30, divorced and in big debt, living in a condo in a very crowded suburban area. I hated it!!! I was longing for the simple rural life but knew there was no way I could do it, right then. But I had a great hope of getting back to it one day so I started to plan. With so much against me and not sure where I should start, I decided a first step was to get a tool box and begin building up my tools I would one day need on a homestead or in van life. It was a dream I started to pursue. I had no money back then but each month I would add to the various tools, I would need and more importantly, I began to do little projects to learn how to use them. I did projects and honed my skills ( my dad taught me a lot of handy man ways for sure ) When ever I would get down about my life or the area I lived, I would just keep thinking, one day it will all change, if I worked my plan. ( I was also getting debt free and such ) Funny thing, that little tool box sitting in my living room on the self was a small way that kept reminding me of the goals / the plan I had. (today it is God's spirit and the Word of God that drives me on) 
I can thankfully report that we are today on a awesome peaceful off grid homestead in Missouri and in the van dwelling life (debt free) Yes, I have many more tools and I do a lot of projects but it all started with my little tool box and a plan. That is my little inspiration for the day! (Note: I just tossed that little old tool box out after almost 30 years of use)

So what do you need in a good tool box of your own? 



Honestly, I cant tell you exactly as I do not know what you will be working? Here is a short list to start and you can build on it over time: 

Hammers, screw drivers, wrenches, ele tape, ty raps, pliers, scissors, ratchet/sockets, chisels, razor knives, screws, nails and wire, measuring tape etc etc (eventually you will want to add some power tools but that is another post)

Just get a small tool box and add some basics to it. Then strive to learn how to do stuff often and you will see your needs and can add as you go. There are lots of projects you can start even in a condo (I did) to help you learn and be more self reliant.

Get started now, do not delay! 

I hope my short story helps you? (most important is to repent and know Christ/see the gospel below) 

Do not discount small things in life that can spur you on, as they can be great tools. 


Go here to return to the Homesteading page:
http://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogspot.com/p/preparing-vs-prepping.html

God be praised

**************************************************


Here is the biblical gospel:
Here is a 10 point biblical test:
Spirit and Truth Teaching Blog
Go here for audio teachings
Go here for video's