Voting for the Saints of God

 I was sent a good question via email about voting and I answered it. I thought it may edify others so I removed the email address / name and I am posting it here as a teaching moment. To be clear, I do teach that the bible says saints should not involve themselves in politics. But if a man or woman was convicted to just cast a vote, it is a grey area and  I would not separate from a saint who does that if they were obedient and holy in all others areas. 

See the email below with **** by my words/answer. 

****************************************************

Hi Brother Jim hope all is well with you. 

*** We are well and thank you. 
This is ******* and I've got a question that you may be able to clarify for me.
*****I love to answer questions for well meaning people. I get plenty of mockers in the streets as you may know.
 I have heard that you should not be political and not to vote, However I am not sure if that is the Biblical thing to do.
**** First.. my answer will be aimed at a repentive holy obedient born again saint. (not sure where you place yourself?) I am also not sure if you are saying I said this or not?  But.... let me answer. I teach we should not be politically aimed/focused but I have never said it's sinful to vote. Let me explain. Born from above saints of God live for a different world ...His kingdom.  
Matt 6;33 
We are not focused on or afraid of the kingdom of Satan which is this culture and politics. 2 Cor 4:4 
 To be wrapped up in politics...wrangling for power...going to rallies..holding signs..watching it on TV.. ..following all their antics.. over looking the sins they keep ..it's not a good use of God's time. Paul said: 
2 Timothy 2:4 
"No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier."
But to cast a vote when an election comes up if it's your conscience to do so ...it's not sin. I would lovingly remind you that both sides are very corrupt so to be part of it all means  ..you are choosing the lesser of evils. I choose to have no part of it to be holy. See politics is not my hope. The gospel is the only thing that changes hearts and minds. If you got all the so called good politicians and changed laws ...people still break them and sin and go to hell..without the gospel it's meaningless. And the world is predicted to get dark and evil in the coming days... not better. Paul talked of a great falling away not a better world. Satan is rising and for a season he will win....till Christ returns. We are commanded to preach the gospel ..make disciples and teach them to obey al he commanded. Matt 28;20  That has great eternal meaning but earthly politics are vain and fleeting away. In 40 years or less ..you won't care who won the 2024 election. But I promise you knowing Christ to eternal life or not knowing Him to hell ...will matter so very much! 2 thess 1:8-10 
 As in the same way if you see something that could hurt or kill someone, and you don't do anything about it you are responsible for any injury. In such a way if you have a politician that is known when they are elected without a doubt that they are going to go against God and the Bible such as abortion and or other  terrible things. 
**** I agree we should care for neighbors but true saints are nor called to police the worlds ways. If we have repented and are out of this culture and politics... the most loving thing you can do for a neighbor is live and preach the gospel to them. I call them out of the world and politics.  Focusing on politics is hopeless and fleshly but to focus on God's Word is spiritual and eternal. Read Romans 8 for flesh vs spirit
True love points to Jesus and truth not political change ...and a false hope. You know God is going to burn this earth up and all man has built right? There will be a new earth new heaven and no more tears. .... What a promise we have! Rev 21:4
I believe Jesus has given us the foresight to keep these predators out of office and would want us to do so. 
*****Actually... Jesus said his sheep are not of this world. Read  
John 17:14 "I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world."
  He was never focused on any politics. He lived under cruel Rome and he said
Matthew 22:21They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
He was focused on eternity and we must be careful to judge politicians who indeed have sin as we live in any sin and rebellion against God. That makes us hypocrites right? Abortion or gay rights are not the only sins that damn. One lie or worldliness' sends you there per Rev 22:14-15 and James 4:4 
Lastly ...there is a danger ...a growing group called Christian nationalism ...I have articles on them. They are churches and preacher's who have linked patriotism to God/ the Bible and they are a sinful even violent (ready for war) group that Jesus would never approve of. Its the sad result of mixing politics with the bible. See this link here for various articles. 
http://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogspot.com/search/label/Christian%20Nationalism%20Explained%20and%20Exposed?m=1
This nation was built on corrupt twisted bible truth that led to killing over tax money. Jesus would rebuke that way.  To close ...it's not a sin to cast a vote but it is sinful to be greatly involved in politics and ....it is esp telling if a person is not seeking God's kingdom daily in truth. That shows their hope is in man... not God and that's idolatry. 
My advise to others is seek God's truth... follow Christ in spirit and truth then you will see that man's ways ..politics..media ..churchianity....this culture .. are hopeless and God's truth is all that matters. I long to teach people this truth ..and point to Christ crucified ........
Thank You may GOD be praised.
**** Thank you for asking and yes... I have various audios or articles on politics that may bless you. Let me know if you need more help on this topic...
We love you both
 God be praised 
Brother James with sister Debbie
Dontperish.com  
Ps see the gospel and that is eternal hope; 
 https://www.dontperish.com/the-gospel.html