A Cussing Painter vs Sunday Church Goer



**************************************************************

Go here to listen to this on John424 audio:
https://www.dontperish.com/audios-page-2.html

Once there... use control F and type "Cussing Painter" to find it.

*************************************************************
Aug 2019

Recently I had a man come up to me in Wyoming after seeing my gospel signs and we began to talk. He was a local painter ( covered in paint ) and he said I know you are not from around here as people here, they are not about God but just Sunday church. 
He went on to tell me how all the church folk around there judge him all the time as less of a person (as he admits he at times lets a swear word out) but he went on ranting about how they are total hypocrites, they rob people in their christian businesses and they look down on others as they go to church on Sunday all dressed up in fancy cars! 
Note: we experienced this too as last year we stood outside a local body in this town and they were very self righteous and mean spirited too. 
We discussed the gospel to eternal life and he said he was glad he ran into me as everyone tells him to just go to church but He knows God is about so much more then that! I gave him my number/email and offer of help and encouragement any time. 

All of this reminds me of the Luke 18 account of a Pharisee and a publican.

Luke 18:9-14
And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
This really says it all. 
I hope you see that mere religious activity and its false piety does NOT mean your closer to God then another person in this culture who you may look down upon. I see it in ministry all the time when the homeless / cultures downtrodden people usually are much more in tune, humble and closer to the truth of God then the self righteous false man made religious folks we encounter. ( of course everyone must leave all their sin and strive in holiness 1 Peter 1;15 ) 

This painter indeed had his own sin issues to address but he admitted to his need and said he needs to obey God more. The religious folks usually think they have it all going on ( you know... Jesus died for all their sin so.... ) and they are almost arrogant about their standing with God. This is the main point of the parable Jesus told and my article here. While we are indeed to dress and talk and act biblical in all our ways; salvation is a HEART matter first and most of all. 
We must NEVER think we are something and others are nothing. 
One thing that has served me well over my Christian years is when I see a homeless man, a drunk or a tattooed pagan; I say Lord God, but for your truth and grace there go I. I was that man once. 
I also like to teach men that while we set apart believers are DIFFERENT, we are NO BETTER them the lowest of the low sinner. Unless you see yourself as that; your in great danger just as the Pharisee of this parable. 
Please I beg if you to do a heart check today and ask yourself:
*Is God the one reigning in your heart getting all the glory?
*Who's righteousness are you resting in yours or Christ's?
* Do you look down on anyone or do you look to lift all men up to Christ?
Warning:
Man made religious systems have a big blame in this situation. They give people a FAKE Saturday /Sunday ritual system to feel all good about their actions when, God rejects it all if it is involving the keeping man made traditions. See Mark 7 
Also, 2 Cor 13:5 says to examine yourself to make sure you are in the faith and that is a big part of what we do on the road. We preach the biblical gospel and call men to do that test themselves. Sadly most all are deceived by their own beliefs system or false man made religion. 
Humbleness means we are also seeking to be forgiving as we ask for forgiveness. If you saints have others who have hurt you in the past and your holding anger against them; you best consider you are NO better then them in God's eyes!
Which one are you today .... 
The religious Pharisee looking down at others or the person saying.... 
God have mercy on me?

See our resources below that will help you in the biblical faith. 


God be praised

Here is the biblical gospel:
Here is a 10 point biblical test:
Spirit and Truth Teaching Blog
Go here for audio teachings
Go here for video's:
FB page: