Manifesting Jesus? John 14:21 Explained






Many people today are caught up in the false teaching that Jesus is appearing to them in person, they are getting revelation and experiences in that way. Jesus warned about this false way in Matt 24 and the Holy scriptures in NO WAY teach Jesus is appearing to men today.  In fact, God is NOT speaking to men per Heb 1 as He speaks through the Word. 

But Jesus said He will manifest Himself to us?????
So how does Jesus manifest Himself to us biblically?

If we read John 14:21 where Jesus promises to "manifest" Himself to us...we see this:

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

What does that mean to manifest Himself?
The Greek word is emphanizō 
And yes, it means to show ones self.
But if we would just read on to the next verses.... we see how he will show Himself to us. 

Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jesus does NOT promise to come to all of us in dreams and prayer and speak directly to us. But He did promise to give His people the Holy Spirit for comfort and truth! That is how he manifests Himself to us... via the Holy Spirit NOT personal appearances!!!

This is a common and very popular gnostic/fleshly/mystic/NAR/Word of faith false way that people love to cling to and satan is using it to deceive millions. 

Jesus warned about false teachers coming in the last days in Matt 24 and he said this warning as well:

Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.  

Do not believe false teachers when they say Jesus is meeting them in prayer or in their dreams or in their closet or they are bring caught up to heaven.....

If you are born of God by the gospel it is the spirit of God that will come to you and teach, comfort and convict you in the Word of God. ( see that gospel below ) 

*********************************************************************

See our resources below that will help you in the biblical faith.

God be praised