Email Answered on 1 Cor 15:22, 1 Cor 15:28 and 1 Cor 13:12

 I received another good set of questions from a saint so I though I would answer them here to edify all. See their questions below then my answers with ***** by my words. Enjoy and test me to the word as always!


**************************

Hello brother Jim, 

I hope you are well. 


I wanted to send a few more questions your way for some of your thoughts to help in understanding them better. I thought I'd send it now before it got too big so it's not so difficult for you to get to them. And there is no hurry either as I know you have very many other good things to do. 

This verse... 

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1 Corinthians 15:22


Is that referring to the fact that all souls are eternal....as we know all are not made spiritually alive to find eternal life? (As in John 5:28-29)


Or only the ones "in Christ"? At first reading it sounds as if it's saying all will be made alive. As I write this out I think I may have understood it better already but I welcome any further thoughts on it from you. 

****** Since we know that not all will be born of Christ but only a few (Matt 7) we have to consider another option then all men being ALIVE in Christ. I think this is referring to the resurrection as all men will be raised (made alive) and most will be then judged and sent away to damnation. The verse right before it tells us it is about the resurrection. See verse 21
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 

And this similar one... 


Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Romans 5:18-19


I guess I'm looking for some thoughts on it because if you just read that then it seems to mean that as death from Adam's sin came upon all so life from Christ came upon all. But obviously that isn't so, so it must mean something else? 

******Yes we do not ever want to build theology on one verse.This verse in Romans 5 does not say all will receive eternal life. It says "the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life". It is a offer available to all. (Jesus said who so ever comes) It means due to Christ's work; all men have the opportunity to gain this eternal life. Remember He came as God so loved the "world" (all men) to send Him. We know that all get the chance (God wants none to perish 2 Peter 3:9) but very few will come,repent and yield their will to God fully amen? Make better sense to you? 


How do we explain the fact that God rested on the 7th day after creation before the law was given to Israel? I sometimes wonder about that because we can go back to the beginning for dress, marriage, and more. 

***** The key here is to understand descriptive vs prescriptive things. One just describes a event (God resting after creation) and the others are commands/instructions/ordained ways and they are prescriptive (dress/marriage) for us to keep.



I do know it was then given to Israel later on and obviously we aren't under the old law but why did God make such a big point of it to build the whole creation of the world upon it in taking a day to 'rest'? And we still have our 7 day week today.

**** This would be what we call an archetype. God was building on resting as it was a example and pre-curser to when Israel would rest on Saturday. Then ultimately it all pointed to when we rest in Christ today due to His work for us. (see Hebrews 4) Think about it as in heaven we all will be resting for eternity due to Christ! How glorious amen?


 I hope you can kind of understand what I'm thinking and asking about. I just wonder (and am not thinking that we should observe it today). And maybe we don't know why. 

******Yes indeed and it is a common question. We do not see any human keeping a Saturday Sabbath rest until Moses and Israel did. Not Noah or Abraham who were godly men that obeyed God in all things. In fact, Moses makes it clear when he says; it was given to us, NOT our Fathers. (see Deut 5:3) As Hebrews says, it was all a shadow pointing to Jesus.
 

And this one.... 

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
1 Corinthians 15:28

I wonder about that. 

****** This is telling us the eternal Holy order that will be. It is God and Christ (then man and woman/see 1 Cor 11) This is also a good example of the 3 in 1 Godhead at work. The Son serves the Father via the Spirit and all things were created by the Son (John 1) Then all things were put under the Son ( all authority)
Matt 11:27
All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Once completed, it will all go back to God the Father who is the all and all. Read verse 23 and it tells us much.
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.  
I think in the same way the elders toss their crowns at Jesus feet (Rev 4:10-11) as a sign of honor to show His worthiness. It seems Christ will in the end, honor the Father in the same way.  
Does this make good sense to you?

And this one... 

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1 Corinthians 13:12

Is that referring to being separate/absent from the Lord or anything to do with the old law? 

*******I do not think it is speaking of either really. Paul is just telling us this side of heaven, we will only understand so much as we have a limited view. Paul says even the gifts will fail/ cease. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 1 Cor 13 : 9-11
We are now like children in our understanding vs when we are with Him face to face. Reminds me of 2 Cor 4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
What a day that will be!!!


So I would appreciate any of your thoughts, comment, or teachings on those when you can. Hope I have made them clear enough for you but anything on those verses will be good and I can always ask more later. I guess it did get quite big by the end. Some of them might be obvious ones but it doesn't hurt to look at them deeper I know. 

Thank you brother Jim! 

I hope your days and travels go well! 


In Christ, 

****** I hope those answers helped? Ask more in needed. Thank you for asking them and we long to help the saints of God strive on in truth! 

God be praised

Brother James

*********************************

Here is the biblical gospel:

Here is a 10 point biblical test:
Spirit and Truth Teaching Blog
Go here for audio teachings
https://www.dontperish.com/audios-page-2.html
https://www.dontperish.com/audios-page-3.html
Go here for video's:

https://www.dontperish.com/videos.html