Fair Use Act Explained

Fair Use of Copyright


*************************************************************************
*Since this gets brought up a lot; I though I better cover it here finally.  

When I do testings of false teachers; they often get upset when I use a picture of them or something of theirs from on line to place in my testing. ( one such man is a so called Christian clown and he got mad when I used his picture for testing him ) They say that is theirs by copy right law and I cannot ever use it and sometimes they threaten to sue me. That is just NOT true and let me explain why.

While it is true they have copy rights on their items; the Fair Use Act allows for the FAIR use of those items without their approval in some situations. While there are many situations that may apply, the only one that matters to me is it is legal to use them for commentary, testing and teaching purposes. If I am testing them, it is the strongest reason courts do allow for the FAIR use of their materials for the betterment of the public. Example: Imagine if you could not use a picture of Hitler or of a criminal to warn people about them. For the public good such things of FAIR USE are allowed by law. 

So it is clear per the Fair Use Act, I can use them and the case is strongest when:
  • Use only as much of the copyrighted work as is necessary to accomplish your purpose or convey your message;
  • Use the work in such a way that it is clear that your purpose is commentary, news reporting, or criticism;

We at dontperish.com do not make money off of such things and we do not break the law in using them. 

I hope this clears up the confusion on using a false teachers copy righted material for testing purposes and that, is it VERY legal to do so! They would be better focusing on their sins and false teachings / repenting of them then threatening to sue me over silly pictures or website images. 

Here is a legal Fair Act use site that explains more:
http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/fair-use

See the gospel to eternal life below......

**************************************************************************

See all of our biblical resources below; let us know how 
we can help you?

God be praised