Email Answered on Joel 2 and Head Coverings

 

A saint sent me several email questions and I thought I would answer them to edify many. See the question in blue and my answer in black below:


*********************************************************

1.) In Acts 2, Peter mentioned it being the fulfilment of the prophecy in Joel. But most of what that is hasn't happened, correct? Is this saying that we are in the last days and some of it has been or is being fulfilled? Sorry, I haven't framed this question too well, but I hope you understand what I am saying...and am I missing anything? I know people are using this passage also to justify many strange things these days. 


Good question ..... remember we are in a progressive revelation of God moving towards the last days. 

Peter said:

But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;


Notice he references Joel 2 yes but.... what goes with it?


17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.


Has any of those other  things happened yet? ( blood, fire, sun turned to dark, moon into blood? NO...)

He references right there ... the great and terrible day of the Lord. 

A good context study of Joel 2 shows that all happens around the time of the day of Lord ( Christs return) and it happens in Israel.

Peter was pointing to that day and the Acts 2 happening was indeed a moving toward that time. We have NOT seen a complete fulfilment yet. 

Here is my article on that topic:

http://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogspot.com/2018/09/joel-2-dreams-and-visions-explained.html


Hope that helps.....

**********************

2.) In regards to head covering, one of the main reasons (or excuses rather) I hear for people not wearing one is what it says in 1 Corinthians 11:15, and as it is translated in the KJV about hair being her covering. While I know it is a different original word from the preceding uses of the word "cover", how would I explain that verse to a person who is saying see we don't need to do it but just have long hair? Because I hear it so often, I want to be prepared.

*****First NEVER and I mean NEVER... engage in this topic discussion with someone who does not have the gospel right or at least is a true humble open heart to seek truth not argue. Most people use this argument to hide in sin/vanity so be warned dear sister. If they are not right on the gospel... and born from above .... steer to that gospel topic first and most ....or head covering does not matter. 
You have the right idea though ....
Paul uses the first Greek word to mean hide wholly a veil that hangs down. Then he later says even nature shows how a woman has a natural cover long hair and the word is a mantel like hair. Why two different Greek words? It is a spiritual cover and a natural one. Then the factor of her hair is her glory and it is to be covered. If hair is the covering... how can her glory be covered by hair? Makes no sense. 
Also, common sense says this. If only long hair is a covering... how does a balding woman or a new convert pray to God with short hair until it is long enough? That takes months.... No, God made a way so that day one you can be covered. Also the covering as a sign for angels. Pagan ladies have long hair. Another no sense issue. The Word of God and even history shows they wore a cloth veil until feminism rose up about 100 years ago.  

Hope that helps and we are doing some articles that expose each excuse on head covering on their own. We have it all in our articles but separate articles will help we feel. 

See head covering articles here:

God be praised

************************************