Van Dweller Tip #45 Be Your Own Mechanic

 



           
This page will point you to a biblical van dwelling life via the gospel to eternal life: https://www.dontperish.com/the-gospel.html  

Go here for our Van Dwelling Tip Page with Many Tips:
https://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogspot.com/p/van-dwelling-tips.html

Here is a link of our van dwelling update posts: 


************************************************************

Be Your Own Mechanic

Our trusty 1996 van had a little miss in it and I knew it was time for a tune up (about 50,000 miles since I did one) So I called around and got a $550 price tag, ouch! I thought you know; I should do it myself and so I bought the wires, spark plugs and such. I did research and had heard horror stories about one spark plug being in a VERY tight spot but I went for  it. I love a challenge. 



Camp Walmart was my work shop for the day 



I did 7 plugs in about 1 hour and they looked really bad. Then the dreaded front driver side plug!!!!



Oh, it was a tight spot indeed and I had to go get it from the front wheel area with a bunch of ratchet extensions. I was able to get the plug out and I rejoiced. Then I felt silly as I realized, getting it back in was the REAL HARD part brother Jim.  :) 

I tried as hard as I could and my big hand was too large to get in the spot and turn the plug so I prayed and said Lord I need a miracle here. The sun was setting and I was a bit frustrated; then until I realized I had a secret weapon. God gave me a HELPER! 

Genesis 2

And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;


I called on my help mate and with sister Debbie's little hand, she was able to reach in and get the plug all set for me and on the job went. Within another hour, I had all the wires replaced and as the sunset, I was starting it up and she purred like a happy kitten! Since that day it has run great and the miss it had is gone!

Total cost about $85 on parts. Glory to our God....

Note: 
If you van dwell and have some mechanic skills, bring some basic tools (some auto parts places loan them) so you can do many repairs yourself save money and keep the big repair  you cant do for the mechanics shop. I save about $25 on each oil change and when you drive as much as us, that adds up over a year! (a post to come on that soon)

Thank you Lord for some mechanic skills and a lil hand from my helper wife!

Down the road we go preaching the gospel.....


*********************************************